a. pork (cut into small cubes)
b. 1 1/2 teaspoon salt
c. 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
d. 1 cup cornstarch
e. 1/4 cup vinegar
f. 2 tablespoons soy sauce
g. 1/4 cup green onions (chopped)
h. 1 cup brown sugar
i. 2 cups oil
j. 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
k. 3/4 cup water
1. Sprinkle salt and ground black pepper all over the pork.
2. Toss the pork to distribute the seasoning and let it stay for 20 minutes.
3. Heat the oil.
4. Dredge the pork in cornstarch then deep fry for 5 to 8 minutes or until the color turns golden brown and the texture becomes crisp.
5. Make the glaze by combining water, vinegar, and soy sauce in a saucepan.
6. Stir and let boil.
7. Add the garlic powder and brown sugar.
8. Stir and cook until the liquid reduces in half.
9. Pour the glaze all over the pork.
10. Toss to coat the pork completely.
11. Transfer to a serving bowl.
12. Sprinkle the chopped green onions on top.