Sweet and Sour Pork
a. 1 lb pork loin (cubed)
b. 1/2 cup cornstarch
c. 1/2 cup flour
d. 2 tbsp soy sauce
e. 1/2 cup water
f. 1 piece raw egg (beaten)
g. 2 cups cooking oil
h. 1 small red bell pepper (cubed)
i. 1 small green bell pepper (cubed)
j. 1 medium sized red onion (chopped)
k. 1 small carrot (sliced diagonally)
l. 2 servings of sweet and sour sauce
1. Place the pork in a bowl then combine the soy sauce (you may also add salt if desired).
2. Marinade for 30 minutes.
3. Pour the cooking oil in a pan then apply heat.
4. Combine the flour and cornstarch in a bowl then mix until both ingredients are evenly distributed.
5. Dip the marinated pork in beaten egg then on the flour and cornstarch mixture.
6. Deep fry the pork (coated with cornstarch and flour) for 10 minutes or until the color turns medium brown.
7. Set aside.
8. Heat a separate pan then pour the sweet and sour sauce and water then let boil.
9. Add the carrots and simmer for 3 minutes.
10. Put the onions and bell pepper (green and red) and simmer for 4 minutes (add extra water as needed).
11. Add the deep-fried pork loin and stir.
12. Cook for 2 minutes.