a. 2 lbs. pork belly
b. 6 pieces dried bay leaves
c. 6 cloves garlic (peeled)
d. 1 medium red onion (sliced)
e. 6 tablespoons salt
f. 1/2 tablespoon garlic powder
g. 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
h. 5 to 6 cups water
i. 4 to 5 cups cooking oil (for deep frying)
1. In a cooking pan, bring water to a boil.
2. Put the garlic, onion, dried bay leaves, and 3 tablespoons of salt.
3. Let boil for 3 minutes.
4. Add the pork belly.
5. Cover and boil in medium heat for 40 minutes.
6. Remove the boiled pork belly from the cooking pan and place in a clean plate.
7. Let it cool down for a few minutes.
8. Rub the remaining salt along with the garlic powder and ground black pepper all over the belly slices.
9. Cover the belly and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
10. Heat cooking oil in a large cooking pan or a deep fryer.
11. Once the oil gets hot, start to deep fry the pork belly per batch.
12. Cook it until the color turns golden brown and the skin gets crisp.
13. Remove the belly from the pan and let the excess oil drip.
14. Slice the deep fried lechon carajay into bite sized pieces.
15. Arrange in a serving plate and serve with a dip composed of chopped onion, soy sauce, vinegar, and chili peppers.