Patis Fried Pork
a. 2 lbs. pork (cut into serving pieces)
b. 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
c. 4 tablespoons fish sauce (patis)
d. 1/2 cup all purpose flour
e. 1/2 cup cornstarch
f. 3 cups cooking oil
1. Put the pork in a large mixing bowl.
2. Add the ground black pepper and fish sauce.
3. Mix well and let it stay for 1 hour.
4. Meanwhile, combine the flour and cornstarch in a large container.
5. Mix well.
6. Heat a deep cooking pot.
7. Pour-oil and then let the oil get hot enough to fry.
8. Dredge the marinated pork in the flour and cornstarch mixture.
9. Deep fry for 12 minutes per side (medium heat); flip to cook the other side for 8 to 10 minutes.