Ginisang Sayote with Pork (Momma’s Recipe)
1. 1/4 lb pork
2. 1 piece large sayote (peeled, seed removed, and sliced)
3. 1 medium onion (sliced)
4. 5 cloves garlic (crushed)
5. 2 cups water
6. 3 tbsp soy sauce (for marination)
7. 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
8. 1 teaspoon salt
9. 2 tablespoons cooking oil
a. Make the marinade by combining the soy sauce, salt, and pork in a bowl.
b. Mix well.
c. Heat the cooking oil in a pan.
d. Saute garlic and onion.
e. When the onion becomes soft, add the marinated pork and then cook for 10 to 15 minutes.
f. Put in the sayote and stir.
g. Cover and let boil for 5 to 10 minutes.
h. Add salt and ground black pepper, stir.